This week on The Land Show with Dave and Johnny:
- Chris Nix, Alligator Program Director for Alabama Department of Fish and Wildlife, updates us on the ongoing alligator season for 2019. www.outdooralabama.com
- William Crawford, Director for the University of Montevallo Outdoor Scholars Program, talks about the great things going on with their outdoor program. https://www.montevallo.edu/
academics/experiential- learning/presidents-outdoor- scholars/
- Rick Bourne joins us to talk about how to make last-minute preparations for the upcoming dove hunting season. www.selandgroup.com/agents/
- Russ Walters discusses getting ready for harvesting season in south Alabama in our Farmland Report. www.selandgroup.com/agents/
- Tim Baker joins us from the road to talk about flint knapping in our Outdoor Update. www.selandgroup.com/agents/
Dave Milton: Well Jonathan, it was another great Land Show I think, we started off despite us, it was a great show despite us.
Jonathan Goode: That’s the same every week.
Dave Milton: Yeah, we started off with Chris Nix, he runs the Alligator Program for the DCNR Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries and brought a lot of interesting information. A lot of great alligators being taken and the season’s still going. And then we kind of stayed in the same thing with hunting and fishing, didn’t we?
Jonathan Goode: We did, our friend William Crawford who is the director for the Outdoors Scholars Program University of Montevallo was on talking about all the fantastic stuff they’ve got going on there. Your alma mater, and a lot of great stuff happening at Montevallo.
Dave Milton: Yeah, really exciting. That program’s really growing. Rick came on. Big Dove Daddy came on and told us all about his dove paradise he has there. And all the great preparations, and some great tips for getting the dove field ready.
Jonathan Goode: Yeah for sure, and then Russ Walters gave us our Farmland report, talking about getting ready to harvest. And man, the farmers are having some ups and downs this year and it’s good to hear from one who’s walking through it first hand.
Dave Milton: Well, and we almost had to cancel the show but we did find the Wild Man, Tim Baker. You know, Joey our producer was telling us now he said we couldn’t make another week without him. We tracked him down. He was almost in Ohio, he almost escaped the southland. He was going to some kind of Indian arrowhead mapping convention, selling rocks.
Jonathan Goode: You never know with Tim, he’s got a lot going on.
Dave Milton: He’s all over the map, yeah.
Jonathan Goode: Well thank y’all so much for tuning in to the Land Show. We hope that you’ll listen to the whole podcast and subscribe to the podcast so that it’ll come to your phone weekly. Thank you for listening to the Land Show with Dave and Johnny.