Mt. Pleasant Farm
Mt. Pleasant Farm is an eight house Broiler Farm with 106+/- acres +/- of mostly fenced pasture. The farm is located on Sand Mountain near Grove Oak in Dekalb County, AL. The farm was updated in 2017 to meet the specs for Pilgrims Guntersville Complex growing a 6.5 lb bird. The projected gross annual income with Pilgrims for this farm is $333,000+/- annually.
The houses are 2 43×510 built in 2005, 2 40×500 built in 2000, 2 40×500 built in 2002, and 2 40×400 built in the mid 90s. All of the houses are solid exterior sidewalls. The farm has over 80 acres +/- of fenced pasture and hay fields.
Updates completed in 2017 to the farm include:
- 52″ fans added to each house to meet windspeed (varying amounts of fans added to each house)
- Tunnel Curtains in 6 houses
- Extended cool cells on Houses 3&4 and 5&6
- Flood feed pans in the non brood area of several houses
- Updated Vent Boards
The farm currently has the following Equipment:
- ChoreTronics 2 Controllers
- ChoreTime Feed Lines
- All houses have LED lights
- Brooders in the Brood Area
- All houses have had insulation reblown in the attics
- Three Litter Sheds with a Composter
- Wells and City Water
- LP Gas
This farm is a bio secure area. No visitors are allowed on the farm without an appointment and a listing agent being present. All visitors must abide by the Standard Operating Procedures of PoultrySouth. All visitors must receive and fill out a 2 Ways to Qualify before the visit. For a referral to a qualified lender, please contact PoultrySouth.
Co Rd 400, Groveoak , AL 35975
- Ag Land
- Road Frontage
- Water (Public)